Seven Reasons Why You should attend a Land O’ Lakes Conference this year
The University of Wisconsin’s School of Pharmacy, Division of Pharmacy Professional Development (DPPD), the largest academic provider of pharmacy continuing education and professional development in the country, invites you to the Land O’ Lakes Conference Series. Each of our conferences will focus on a different area of interest for attendees, facilitating an in-depth exploration of emerging areas of pharmaceutical science.
When you are looking for professional development opportunities this year, you deserve the best experience at the best value. Land O’ Lakes delivers exactly that. Here are seven reasons why you should attend a Land O’ Lakes Conference this year :
- Recognized worldwide: The Land O’ Lakes conference series is recognized worldwide as the premier teaching conference for pharmaceutical scientists. The conferences are attended by pharmaceutical scientists, chemists, project managers, and other professionals within the pharmaceutical industry each year.
- A History of Excellence: The First Land O’ Lakes Conference was held in June 1959 at the King’s Gateway in Land O’ Lakes Wisconsin. For 60 years now, Land O’ Lakes Conferences have been serving the professional development needs of the pharmaceutical science industry. As one of the oldest and longest running pharmaceutical science conference series, Land O’Lakes offers a history of excellence and a reputation you can trust.
- Trusted, High-quality Programs: 97% of all DPPD program attendees found the programs highly valuable, establishing the department as one of the most trusted, high-quality voices in pharmacy education on the most relevant topics and the latest industry technology
- Multi-dimensional Curriculum: In each of the four conferences, attendees can expect a mixture of presentations, discussion panels, poster sessions, and technology showdowns that encourage an open exchange of scientific and methodological knowledge and applications. This unique mixed format structure fosters discussion and enhances learning. Conference attendees also enjoy the many opportunities to network with others within the industry.
- State of the Art Conference Facilities: All Land O’ Lake Conferences are held at the Fluno Center on the University of Wisconsin-Madison Campus. It is a state of the art conference facility offering a pleasant learning environment. Past attendees have enjoyed the spacious and comfortable stadium seating with power connections at each seat. Free WiFi is available throughout the building. There is also a business center on site.
- Developed by and for scientists: Each conference has a planning committee made up of subject matter experts from a variety of areas, including industry, academia, national regulatory bodies, and contract research organizations (CROs). The pharmacy conference series features minimal corporate sponsorship, ensuring that conference topics and discussions unbiased. The intentionally small attendance size of each of the seminars fosters meaningful discussions regarding emerging areas of science and allows each attendee to attend all events. There are no conflicting engagements, ensuring many opportunities for collaboration, participation, and networking.
- Focusing on Emerging Areas of Pharmaceutical Science: We are very proud of our 2018 offerings. Our planning committees have worked hard to put together a great lineup of speakers and discussion panels focused on the most important emerging issues in pharmaceutical science.
The Land O’ Lakes Conferences
- In July, we will hold the Annual Bioanalytical Conference to encourage open exchange of scientific and methodological applications for bioanalysis. This year’s conference will focus on biomarkers and other emerging therapeutic paradigms.
- The August offering is the Annual Pharmaceutical Analysis Conference, which focuses on the application of analytical techniques to pharmaceuticals. Learn how analytical control strategies can improve drug quality outcomes in this year’s conference.
- We finish the 2019 Conference series in September with the Annual Drug Metabolism and Applied Pharmacokinetics Conference, where we gather multiple disciplines in the drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics arena together to share new advances in drug delivery, action, and metabolism.
To sign up for Conference updates or to register: Visit Land O’ Lakes today